How Brandon Pearce Bootstrapped a Startup from $0 to $70K a Month 
Brandon Pearce is the founder of Music Teachers Helper, a SaaS application that's helping thousands of music teachers around the world manage their studio. It lets them handle everything from billing and lesson schedules, to automatic reminders and even tax reports.
I first came across my Brandon in 2012 when I read his story in a book called the The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau. He started the business with almost no money in 2004 and within a few years the business was generating almost $30,000 in MRR.
So he decided to sell his home and belongings in Utah and moved with his wife and 2 young daughters to Costa Rica (where his third daughter was born). And in the past 6 years, they've visited over 30 countries, while still building his business.
- “Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive” – Howard Thurman
- “The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich” by Tim Ferriss
- “The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future” by Chris Guillebeau
- “The Empathy Factor: Your Competitive Advantage for Personal, Team, and Business Success” by Marie R. Miyashiro
Links, Resources & People Mentioned
- Pearce On Earth Blog
- Post: What I Learned from Being Robbed
- User Voice
- Post: How I Spend My Time Now
Thank You For Listening!
- If you enjoyed this podcast, then please consider sharing this using the social sharing buttons on this page.
- Additionally, if you'd like to support this podcast, it would be really helpful if you would take a few minutes to leave a review on iTunes.
- And don't forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes so you can receive automatic updates on new episodes.